Lime Pictures is the home of the UK’s most talked about television – from innovative, cutting edge formats to multi award-winning, long running drama.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to provide generalist administrative support to our London team. The role will also involve assisting with new starter inductions, overseeing and tracking online training and maintaining our speculative CV database.
The following skills and experience will be required for this role:
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results throughout
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to prioritise workload and work unsupervised
- Good organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Full clean driving licence
This role will initially be part time working 3 days per week. However the view is that the days will increase to 4 or possibly 5 days (Full time) after the first couple of months.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by Friday, 12th August 2016.
Contract: Part time initially with the view to increase to full time
Contract Status: Fixed term contract – 6 months
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Boom Operator to join our Sound Team working on our long running drama Hollyoaks. The successful candidate will work closely with the Sound Mixer to capture the optimum quality sound required by the programme both on set and location.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- Excellent timing for anticipating lines and moving the boom accordingly.
- Exceptional balance matched with good spatial awareness and hand/eye co-ordination.
- Familiarity of working with a variety of audio technologies including radio mics, IEM’s and boom microphones.
- Understanding of the television production process.
- Awareness of microphone characteristics, lighting techniques and camera lens angles.
- Excellent communication skills, including diplomacy and sensitivity when working with artists and crew members.
Contract Status: Full time
Contract: Fixed term – 3 months
A copy of the full job description is available upon request.Interested applicants should apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 12th August 2016.
Head of Production - Non-Scripted
We are now recruiting for the Head of Production in our London office.
The Head of Production is a senior member of Lime’s management team, reporting into the Co-Managing Directors and responsible for the delivery of the company’s non-scripted portfolio. Candidates should have excellent leadership skills, at least 10 year’s production management experience, be comfortable with high profile content that has fast turnaround production schedules and have an interest in the programmes Lime produces for a diverse range of broadcasters.
A full copy of the job description is available on request.
Interested applications should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com by Friday 29th July 2016
Production Executive - Non-Scripted
We are currently looking for a Production Executive.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Production Executive will manage multiple programmes and be the key point of contact for overall production plans, schedules and operational logistics. Candidates should have at least 8 years production experience, be able to draft budgets that convert development ideas into commissioning opportunities, be a credible leader and have an inexhaustible pot of patience and good humour.
A full job description is available on request.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th July 2016.
IT Desktop Engineer
Lime Pictures make some of the most talked about television in the UK. Behind the scenes there are hundreds of people who help to make that happen. Lime is a growing business and our investment in people and technology are key to that growth.
We are on the hunt for a great Desktop Engineer to keep our teams in both the office and on location, running at full speed. Based in London, the technology team is responsible for supporting staff and contractors across multiple locations.
Required skills & experience:
- Experience working in 1st/2nd line role in a client orientated service delivery environment
- Proactive approach to issue resolution
- Experience of technical troubleshooting
- Knowledge of a wide range of hardware and software
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Experience of ITIL and working in an Agile environment would be advantageous
You will need to be on the on-call rota, currently a weekly one-in-five rotation.
There may be occasional national and international travel.
A full copy of the job description for this role is available on request.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 31st July 2016.
Freelance Opportunities on Hollyoaks
We are currently looking to expand the freelance talent pool at Lime Pictures Liverpool.
We are looking for individuals with experience of working in the following positions:
- 1st Assistant Director
- 2nd Assistant Director
- Camera Operator
- Camera Assistant
- Sound Mixer
- Boom Operator
- Standby Art Director
- Standby Props Person
- Production Schedular
If you are interested in any of the above roles please get in touch by sending a CV and covering letter including details of productions you’ve worked on to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for a Story Editor to join our Story team. The successful candidate will manage the storyline team in the devising, writing and editing of detailed storylines to an agreed vision as outlined by the Series Producers and Executive Producer. Role Responsibilities include:
- Manage the story team and the day to day running of the story office, including all work relating to the publication of the storylines and office administration
- Co-chair story and commissioning conferences
- Plan the block and pitch it to the Series Producers/Exec Producer
- In conjunction with the senior storyliner, lead the talk-throughs with the storyline team then apportion work appropriately
- Edit storyliners’ work before edits with the producers
- Re-write, re-work and edit storylines to the agreed vision of the producers
- Oversee production of character biographies
- Run small groups and character workshops
- Plan the long term direction of stories with the Story Consultant, Series Producers/Exec
- Assist Writers, Script Editors and production with story queries
- Work with and contribute to Online as required
- Keep abreast of youth culture, and have an awareness of current issues to help generate agenda-setting stories
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous story editing or storylining experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team player
- Ability to write clear unambiguous prose
- Imaginative and creative with a flair for dramatic structure
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Thorough knowledge of Hollyoaks
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of production process and logistics
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Storylining on a long running drama can involve long and unpredictable hours so a flexible approach is essential
- Computer skills
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Freelance - Costume Department
We are currently looking to expand the freelance talent pool within our costume department at Lime Pictures. If you have experience working as a costume assistant or costume supervisor, please get in touch by sending a CV and covering letter, including details of productions you have worked in to:
Freelance - Design Department
We are currently looking to expand the freelance talent pool within our Design department at Lime Pictures. If you have experience of working in the following positions: Production Buyer, Dresser, Stagehand, Stand-by Props, Stand-by Art Director, Graphic designer, Art Director or Designer, please get in touch by sending a CV and covering letter including details of productions you’ve worked on. Please email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIME PICTURES LONDON
We make our non-scripted programmes like The Only Way is Essex and Geordie Shore from our London office. If you have relevant skills and experience to work on those, and similar, programmes you can send a speculative application to email@example.com. Include a CV and details of productions you’ve worked on. Please note due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone who contacts us.