Hollyoaks are looking for a highly creative Producer to lead their editorial teams. A proven track-record in continuing drama, scripts and story is essential, coupled with a thorough knowledge of production.
Working in a three-week rotation with two other Producers, you will be responsible for five-episode blocks, overseeing all stages of the editorial and production process from scene breakdowns through to rough-cut viewings. A creative approach to problem-solving, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
- A thorough knowledge of production, script and story processes, having ideally worked as a script editor or story editor for a year or more
- The ability to lead editorial meetings and deliver script notes with creative solutions and adhering to agreed production parameters
- Excellent interpersonal skills, having the ability to form relationships across the production
- The ability to be flexible and proactive to meet strict deadlines
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-moving, demanding environment
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to motivate and mentor people
A full copy of the job description for this role is available on request.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 3rd November 2016.
We are currently looking for a Story Editor to join our Story team. The successful candidate will manage the storyline team in the devising, writing and editing of detailed storylines to an agreed vision as outlined by the Series Producers and Executive Producer. Role Responsibilities include:
- Manage the story team and the day to day running of the story office, including all work relating to the publication of the storylines and office administration
- Co-chair story and commissioning conferences
- Plan the block and pitch it to the Series Producers/Exec Producer
- In conjunction with the senior storyliner, lead the talk-throughs with the storyline team then apportion work appropriately
- Edit storyliners’ work before edits with the producers
- Re-write, re-work and edit storylines to the agreed vision of the producers
- Oversee production of character biographies
- Run small groups and character workshops
- Plan the long term direction of stories with the Story Consultant, Series Producers/Exec
- Assist Writers, Script Editors and production with story queries
- Work with and contribute to Online as required
- Keep abreast of youth culture, and have an awareness of current issues to help generate agenda-setting stories
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous story editing or storylining experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team player
- Ability to write clear unambiguous prose
- Imaginative and creative with a flair for dramatic structure
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Thorough knowledge of Hollyoaks
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of production process and logistics
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Storylining on a long running drama can involve long and unpredictable hours so a flexible approach is essential
- Computer skills
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
LIME PICTURES LONDON
We make our non-scripted programmes like The Only Way is Essex and Geordie Shore from our London office. If you have relevant skills and experience to work on those, and similar, programmes you can send a speculative application to email@example.com. Include a CV and details of productions you’ve worked on. Please note due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone who contacts us.