Story Writer and Senior Story Writer/Story Editor
Off the back of our recent Soap Awards success, Hollyoaks is looking to invest further in its story team by hiring a STORY WRITER and a SENIOR STORY WRITER/STORY EDITOR. More than any other soap, Hollyoaks seeks to challenge its audience with daring and ambitious storytelling that hooks viewers in and has love, friendship and family at the centre of everything.
We need creatives to help originate the show and come up with the next big-hitting, headline-grabbing storylines. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned storyliner to flex your writing and editorial skills as part of an experienced and passionate team, where job satisfaction and career development are considered a priority.
Applicants must have experience of storylining or script editing on a continuing drama.
For the STORY WRITER’s position, responsibilities will include:
- - Contributing to story talk-through
- - Writing engaging, compelling storylines that conform to the house style and deliver the vision of the Series Producers and Exec Producer
- - Undertaking storyline administration tasks as required
- - Keeping abreast of youth culture and having an awareness of current issues to help generate agenda-setting stories
The salary for the position will be dependent on experience, but will be between £35,000 and £40,000.
For the SENIOR STORY WRITER/STORY EDITOR’s position, responsibilities will include:
- - Board planning
- - Leading talk-through with the story team
- - Deputising for the Story Producer when required
- - Writing and editing engaging, compelling storylines that conform to the house style and deliver the vision of the Series Producers and Exec Producer
- - Keeping abreast of youth culture, and having an awareness of current issues to help generate agenda-setting stories
The salary for the position will be dependent on experience, but will be between £40,000 and £45,000.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 4pm on Tuesday 2nd December 2014, stating which role you are applying for within the subject of your email.
Nursery Team Manager
Lime Pictures is looking for an experienced Nursery Team Manager to join their busy Nursery. The successful candidate, together with the Nursery Manager, will take responsibility for the daily management of the setting, ensuring a high quality provision for families using the service. They will also supervise the daily running of the baby room and take responsibility for the role of Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO).
The role will have the following responsibilities;
- Leadership and supervision of nursery practitioners
- Deploy staff as required in times of staff shortages, and re-grouping of children if necessary
- Manage staff holidays and absences and ensure the company policy is adhered to
- Health and Safety of nursery with regards to environment, policies, procedures and practice
- Participate in the mentoring, coaching, recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- Understand and comply with all Lime Pictures policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook
- Manage and monitor nursery practitioners to ensure they are adhering to Lime Pictures policy and providing high quality provision for families using the service
- Appropriately manage staff under performance, disciplinary and capability issues within the nursery
- Provide cover for the Nursery Manager when unavailable
- Make decisions as to a child’s welfare if a child becomes ill whilst at nursery
- Ensure that records are kept up to date in every room in the nursery
- Assist the accounts department in managing income of nursery fees and expenditure of funds when the Nursery Manager is unavailable
- Establish effective policies and procedures and ensure that these are followed in the Nursery without exception
- Regularly update and maintain baby’s records of development
- Plan for and lead activities designed to promote development in all areas, both in the outdoor and indoor environment
They should have the following skills;
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of the developing childcare industry
- Minimum five years post qualifying sector experience
- Early Years Professional Status and or relevant Early Years degree
- A good understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (2013) Development Matters and Birth to Three Matters Framework
- A good Understanding of Child Development
- Leadership and management skills and qualifications
- Experience of managing a positive workforce and an understanding of the legislative framework of staff management
- Experience of working within the context of a broader organisation in respect of providing progress reports, evaluations and audits of service
- A working knowledge of systems used to manage funding, grants, childcare vouchers and fees.
Status: Full Time, Fixed Term for 10 months (covering maternity leave)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: 7th November 2014
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full job description is available upon request.
Story & Script Workshop
Our next workshop was scheduled to take place on Tuesday 7th October 2014. Unfortunately this will now be rearranged and a new date will be posted here soon.
We are now closed for new applications and we will be in touch with successful applicants over the coming weeks.