With a stable of quality writers and exciting directing talent, we at Lime have gained a reputation as a first class production house and the company works with big talent to deliver distinctive, ground-breaking Drama. We are now looking for a DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT to provide administrative support to the Head of Drama and to organise the Development team office. The successful applicant will work with the development team to uncover and target writers, ideas, novels and scripts that could be made into successful drama series by Lime Pictures, and work with the Head of Drama and the writing team through commissioning, development and, on occasion, producing the existing and future drama slate.
Applicants will ideally have experience within TV production/development, but must have;
- - Demonstrable ability to analyse, critique and suggest improvements to scripts, treatments and ideas
- - People skills – tact, diplomacy, discretion and a sense of humour
- - Excellent organisational and time management skills
- - First class written and verbal skills and the ability to draft documents to a professional standard
- - The ability to act as a professional first point of contact – being a confident and articulate communicator,
- - The ability to work to strict and pressurized deadlines
- - A desire to develop within the drama genre.
Full details of the role responsibilities can be found in the attached (below) job description.
Status: Full Time
Rate: Circa £20,000
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for the position is Friday 8th August 2014.
Brand Development Executive
Award-winning Lime Pictures, one of the UK's largest independently owned production companies have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Brand Development Executive to play an integral part within their dynamic Brand Development team.
The successful candidate will be the day to day contact on allocated areas of the development portfolio acting as liaison for programmes from an administration point of view along with dealing professionally with, brands, media and PR agencies, talent, cast and agents.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about TV and Lime Pictures Brands and who also has a keen interest in commercial marketing. We are looking for an "ideas" person who will not only maintain, but better the company's position in the market.
Applicants would preferably have some experience of working within a television/media/marketing environment although not essential and should also have the following attributes;
- - Educated to graduate level or equivalent, would suit a first or second jobber
- - Passionate about TV and Lime’s brands along with a keen interest in commercial marketing and enthusiasm for marketing communications in general
- - Ability to build successful relationships internally and externally
- - Understanding of the impact of a brand and the impact of raising brand awareness via a variety of mediums and platforms
- - Experience of working with clients in a marketing or sales environment
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a track record of demonstrating professionalism at all times
- - Team player
- - A“completer/finisher” with good attention to detail
- - Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise workload
The position will be initially on a fixed term contract for 12 months and will be based in the Lime Pictures London office. The salary is dependent on experience but will be between £20,000 and £22,000.
All applications must be received by close of business on Friday 8th August 2014. Full job description available on request.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Story & Script Workshop
Our awarding-winning editorial team, the creative backbone of Hollyoaks, are always looking to identify and develop new talent. As part of this process we hold two workshops each year designed to identify potential future team members and provide an insight into the Story/Scripts process.
To be the perfect Storyliner or Script Editor it is essential to have a natural, creative flair as well as a love of on-going drama. Going hand-in-hand with this creativity is a resilient, ‘no fear’ attitude, and a willingness to share ideas. The Story and Script roles are very challenging and as a result require huge drive and determination but in return you will enjoy a fulfilling and exciting career, in which you will have the opportunity to use your creative flair and see your ideas fulfilled on screen.
Please find attached our current job descriptions for our Storyliners and Script for more information.
If you believe that you fit the bill, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Story and Scripts Workshops’ as the subject title to express your interest in attending a workshop in the future. It would also be usual if you could include your CV and answer the following questions:
- What do you love about soap?
- Who is your favourite character and why?
- Which recent Hollyoaks storyline do you think has been successful?
- … And which has fallen short of the mark? How would you have told it differently?
HV0614 - Hollyoaks Vacancies
We are no longer accepting applications for these roles as the closing date has now passed (14/06/2014).
We have now contacted all shortlisted candidates for the roles, with the exception of:
- Scenic Operators
- Props Personnel
- Standby Art Directors
- Script Supervisors
We will be contacting the remaining shortlisted candidates by 18th July 2014.