Head of Press (Maternity Cover)
We are in search of an experienced Head of Press to manage all aspects of press and publicity for Lime
Pictures including programme publicity for the whole portfolio, corporate profiling for the Senior Management team, Programme Executives and the business and internal communications. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Publicity team for Hollyoaks and a Publicist in London.
They will report directly to the Managing Directors and work alongside a PR Consultant, Programme Executives, Broadcasters, Agents and Talent.
Applicants will have an extensive level of press management experience and must have;
- At least five years relevant experience (2 years at a Publicity Manager level) preferably in television entertainment or a related area
- Excellent talent management skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent press contacts
- Working knowledge of the TV industry
- Management experience
- Experience of managing budget.
- Experience of event management
- Ability to manage portfolio of programmes and meet business needs
Location: London (This role will involve some travel to Liverpool as and when required)
Status: Full Time
Contract: 12 Month FTC
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: Friday 19th December 2014
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for within the subject of your email.
The full job description is available upon request.
Story Writer and Senior Story Writer/Story Editor
Off the back of our recent Soap Awards success, Hollyoaks is looking to invest further in its story team by hiring a STORY WRITER and a SENIOR STORY WRITER/STORY EDITOR. More than any other soap, Hollyoaks seeks to challenge its audience with daring and ambitious storytelling that hooks viewers in and has love, friendship and family at the centre of everything.
We need creatives to help originate the show and come up with the next big-hitting, headline-grabbing storylines. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned storyliner to flex your writing and editorial skills as part of an experienced and passionate team, where job satisfaction and career development are considered a priority.
Applicants must have experience of storylining or script editing on a continuing drama.
For the STORY WRITER’s position, responsibilities will include:
- - Contributing to story talk-through
- - Writing engaging, compelling storylines that conform to the house style and deliver the vision of the Series Producers and Exec Producer
- - Undertaking storyline administration tasks as required
- - Keeping abreast of youth culture and having an awareness of current issues to help generate agenda-setting stories
The salary for the position will be dependent on experience, but will be between £35,000 and £40,000.
For the SENIOR STORY WRITER/STORY EDITOR’s position, responsibilities will include:
- - Board planning
- - Leading talk-through with the story team
- - Deputising for the Story Producer when required
- - Writing and editing engaging, compelling storylines that conform to the house style and deliver the vision of the Series Producers and Exec Producer
- - Keeping abreast of youth culture, and having an awareness of current issues to help generate agenda-setting stories
The salary for the position will be dependent on experience, but will be between £40,000 and £45,000.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Tuesday 2nd December 2014, stating which role you are applying for within the subject of your email.