1st Assistant Director
HOLLYOAKS is a dynamic, exciting and multi-award winning show currently in search of an experienced, committed and passionate 1ST ASSISTANT DIRECTOR to join our Production team. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate not only experience but pro-activity and enthusiasm.
They will assist the Director to realise their concept of the script by effectively leading the Production Unit during pre-production and the Shoot to ensure that everyone is working efficiently towards the same agreed result, using excellent communication skills and a sympathetic understanding of all the disciplines involved.
In conjunction with the Production Manager and Production Scheduler, the 1st AD will facilitate the smooth running of the set or location to achieve the finished product as envisioned by the Director and Producer.
Applicants will have an extensive level of production experience and must have;
- - The ability to work long hours under pressure and deliver results throughout
- - Proven managerial and scheduling skills
- - A solid knowledge of production, script and story procedures and processes
- - The ability to represent the programme to the highest standard
- - Health and Safety knowledge in relation to a television environment (IOSH level)
- - IT skills
- - The ability to prioritise workload and work unsupervised
- - An understanding of legislation affecting staff e.g. Working Time Regulations, Drivers hours
- - The ability to lead a team effectively
- - Good organisational skills
- - High attention to detail.
Status: Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: Friday 3rd October 2014
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The full job description is available upon request.