Head of Costume
Hollyoaks is recruiting for a Head of Costume; the successful candidate will creatively lead and manage the costume department.
Required skills & experience
- Responsible for ensuring all costume requirements are met in accordance with the Executive Producer’s creative vision, taking into account both the production process and budget
- Experience within television especially contemporary drama serials.
- Produce mood boards and articulate your vision to create and deliver a unique and individual style for every character in a large ensemble cast with the exceptional ability to bring each of the 50+ cast a distinctive and trend-setting look.
- Knowledge of both costume history and modern fashion, with an understanding of characterisation, storytelling, history and socio-economic and geographical differences.
- Experience of effective team management with the ability to lead, motivate and produce a clear creative vision for that team.
- Support a multifaceted and demanding production schedule including stunts with an understanding of the practical and budget demands of doubling-up.
- Strong experience and knowledge of production, script and storyline procedures and processes.
- Responsible for retaining and developing the team, managing both staff and freelancers members.
- Proven budget management skills
- The ability to analyze the script and translate into a creative vision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with artistes, demonstrating at all times a professional, confidential and sensitive approach.
- Flexible and proactive with the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst demonstrating high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings as part of a team or independently.
- A knowledge of Health and Safety issues specifically relating to both costume and television is required
Interested applicants should apply by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by Wednesday, 26th July 2017
2nd Boom Operator
We are currently looking for two 2nd Boom Operators who will work alongside the sound crew to ensure the smooth running of the shoot. They will aid the sound mixer in gaining the best quality captures and recording of all sound requirements both on set and location.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent technical knowledge, experience and a proven interest in sound recording equipment including microphone types and signal paths
- A keen interest in, and enthusiasm for television production
- Experience within a television production environment
- Ability to learn new skills or techniques on the job
- Knowledge and awareness of lighting techniques and camera lens angles
- Manual dexterity, excellent timing and good balance
- Normal hearing
- Attention to detail
- Patience, diplomacy and tact
- Team work and effective communication skills
- Develop good working relationships with the crew and other departments to ensure that the shoot runs smoothly
- Good interpersonal/organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised
- Good manual handling skills (including physical ability to undertake full range of duties)
- Professional and confidential approach
- Enthusiastic, flexible and proactive approach
- Friendly and positive approach to all tasks
- A desire to progress within the sound discipline
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Relevant Health and Safety training
- Relevant Manual Handling training
- Contract: 12 month Fixed Term
- Interested applicants should apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 31st July 2017.
- A full copy of the job description is available on request.
- Location: Liverpool
Music Assistant - Maternity Cover
We are currently looking for a Music Assistant who will assist the Music Supervisor in the provision of music for Hollyoaks & all associated paperwork.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Accurate, efficient and reliable admin skills to facilitate precise music reporting
- Knowledge of or keenness to learn and retain information about music clearance, with particular focus on the C4 PRSformusic IPC & PPL Blanket Agreements (including contentious uses and exclusion lists)
- Understanding of different clearance restrictions across various platforms/broadcasters would be desirable but not essential
- Strong face to face communication and diplomatic skills, dealing with enquiries on a daily basis and keeping people informed and happy
- Broad knowledge of music with particular focus on new and upcoming artists
- Keenness and ability to spend some time getting to know our production music libraries
Contract: Fixed term for six months to cover a period of maternity leave; however this may be extended.
A full copy of the job description is available on request.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by Wednesday 2nd August 2017.
Freelance Opportunities - Hollyoaks
We are looking for committed and flexible people to join our freelance pool to bolster our award-winning team as we move into a busy period at Lime Pictures. These vacancies include:
Camera Assistants (Experience Required)
Camera Operators (Experience Required)
Boom Operators (Experience Required)
Sound Mixers (Experience Required)
If you think you can help us in the production of our award winning, long running drama, Hollyoaks then please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should include “Freelance Opportunities – Hollyoaks as the title of the email. Please also detail your availability in your email.
We will forward your details and CV to relevant department and they will contact you if/when a suitable opportunity arises.
We make our non-scripted programmes like The Only Way is Essex and Geordie Shore from our London office. If you have relevant skills and experience to work on those, and similar, programmes you can send a speculative application to email@example.com. Include a CV and details of productions you’ve worked on. Please note due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone who contacts us.