Series Producer - Maternity Cover
Hollyoaks is in its 19th year and we are looking for a creative, innovative, energetic SERIES PRODUCER to join the leadership team to cover a period of maternity cover, of this award-winning show as we look to maintain and build on the high standards we have set in our 18 years so far. The successful candidate will be expected to, in conjunction with the Executive Producer:
- - Manage, in conjunction with the other members of the leadership team, all editorial staff and artists, and oversee the running of other departments within the business (e.g. design, make-up, costume etc.) as required.
- - Help set and maintain a clear editorial direction for the show, giving notes on scripts and storylines, co-chairing script and story meetings, and signing off on episodes for broadcast (as required) to ensure every minute of Hollyoaks is to the highest standard.
- - Contribute to and maintain a clear creative vision for the show, covering all aspects of programme-related content, our online presence, commercial partnerships, press and public relations strategies.
- - Manage the interaction between the editorial and production teams to ensure the show runs smoothly but without compromising the quality or creative vision of the programme.
Applicants would preferably have some experience of working within a television/publicity environment although not essential and should also have;
- - Excellent leadership skills
- - Excellent interpersonal skills
- - A desire for excellence and a rigorous “quality filter”
- - Comprehensive editorial experience and knowledge of production processes
- - A high level of creativity with the ability to generate a high volume of ideas under time pressure
- - The ability to consider the ‘bigger picture’ and think laterally
- - The ability to make good decisions under the conflicting pressures of editorial quality and budget/production constraints
- - The ability to work to a high standard to demanding and conflicting deadlines
- - Excellent team player skills
- - A flexible and positive approach.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Thursday 17th April 2014 at 16:00. The full job-description for this role is available upon request.