Please click on the titles below to view our current exciting job opportunities
Hollyoaks is an award-winning five-nights-a-week soap that entertains its teatime audience with a heady mix of romance, issues that capture the zeitgeist and big soap plots that get viewers talking.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, personable and highly skilled individual to join our Makeup Team. As a Makeup Assistant on Hollyoaks you will need to be creative, confident and efficient in the application of makeup for all skin tones, from general day to day looks, to glamour and special effects. You will possess a good understanding of different hair textures, including: curls, locs, hair straightening and be confident in braiding. Continuity is key to this role; you will need to have a keen eye for detail and maintain a continuity folder with photographs of all makeup looks, and how they change throughout a filming day with supporting notes. Time is of the essence in a very busy makeup room, you will be working to and achieving tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard finish.
The successful candidate will need the following essential skills/qualifications:
- Media makeup qualification
- Nail technician qualification
- Cutting and styling hair qualification
- Confidence to carry out general make-up application for all skin tones.
- Knowledge of different hair textures including, curls, locs, extensions, braids and hair straightening.
- Airbrushing skills
- Form of prosthetics qualification or must be working towards this
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in various settings as part of a team and independently
- Creative, artistic and professional approach to work
- Normal colour vision
- Must have previous experience working in television drama within a makeup role
Contract: 6 month fixed term
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Closing Date: 7th February 2020
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore encourage applications from groups that are underrepresented in the TV industry.